“One day or day one. You Decide” – Unknown
So I have been poking my nose into the stars lately – I mean Astrology. Not looking for predictions or ways to become rich or finding faults in my stars either. My study mainly revolves around understanding myself and understanding the situations around me. Having said that, I came across these two shadow planets called Rahu and Ketu and the importance of their placement in the birth chart in the horoscope. This is an interesting line of study that I came across among other things which also become the motivation for my painting.
I checked the placement of Rahu and Ketu in my birth chart. My Rahu sits in Cancer and my Ketu sits in Capricorn. Cancer is represented by a Crab and Capricorn is represented by a Crocodile. So now I got into thinking what does it mean to me? As per the study the sign where Ketu is – is the quality you have in abundant or that is what you are naturally and the sign where Rahu is that is the quality you should strive for in this life. Hmmm…..
What is a Capricorn? A Crocodile – so am I crocodile!!! …. seriously. Now I want to know more about crocodiles.
- They have a survival quality greater than anyone on earth
- They know they can get whatever they want
- Can be ruthless in destroying anything to get their needs met.
- They can be vicious in destroying other things as well as self(ego) if that stands in the way of their overall happiness
- Because they know they can take the things they want and when they want, they don’t feel the need to progress
- They can just relax all the time until they feel hungry or threatened
So this is what a crocodile quality is and if your Ketu is in Capricorn these qualities come naturally to you. But you are in this life to learn something…. Or you can keep holding on to what you are and then take another birth to learn it …..maybe the hard way next time !!! So to know what I should learn I look at where my Rahu is – it is in Cancer. And it is – A Crab. Let’s see what that is…
- tenacious – hold on to something till it works out
- fragile hence very vigilant
- adaptive but searching for more comfortable and less threatening situations
- always gathering something for survival or safety
- very aware of their needs
So how does it all imply to me now. In a nutshell – I can keep the strength of the crocodile but shred the laziness of the crocodile. Rather than waiting for the right moment and acting only when necessary I have to start being the adaptive and busy crab that is constantly doing things to add value to my life. Yawwwnnnn………
So….. the Crab in me has gathered enough information for this post and now the Crocodile in me just wants to laze on that rock …. 🙂 Moreover its a Sunday…. move away crab!!!
Happy Blogging & Happy Sunday!!!