I remember saying, “I love travelling” NOT “I love relocating”.
I have been a “potential” immigrant for 2 years, then a local for a year and now I am an expat.
Almost around the globe… sounds awesome !!! But I am tired of setting up camp after every 1 year or so.
The good side to all this relocating is as you all know – seeing new places and living among different people and many more….
BUT one of the biggest challenge (at least for me) apart from the others which I felt like mentioning today is trying to find my beauty and health products. By the time I research and adjust to new products, I seem to migrate, aannnnnnddddd again its the whole cycle all over again
– search online where you will get your products.
– see where there are located, locate it and go to shops
– now there are three scenarios here;
1. you find your product, you take it – simple and happy; but your mind going back to the other products ; “should I try that one”, “maybe its better”, “lets check it’s price”, “I think its made for this climate, I should try this”, “what if it doesn’t suit me”, “it(my original product) was cheaper in my currency, I should have brought it from there”, “the luggage limit they give on these planes is bulls**t”
2. you find your product but there are better looking similar products on the shelves, and you want to try them – complicated&costly but happy; “WOW there are so many options, lets check these out”, “OMG – it contains methyl**** (don’t even know what it is but worried)”, “lets try this, if it fails I’ll buy my original product”
3. you don’t find your product and nothing similar to what you have used is available – frustrating and online research starts again; “S**t, what!!! you call this a developed country – they don’t even have this”; “I should never have come here”; “I should have packed it”; more SWEARING…… “now I have to figure out an alternative, check online and forums, SWEARING SWEARING”.
And by the time you have wasted so much money and effort on all this, all you feel is bad about misusing the money on something so stupid, instead of using it for seeing the place and what it has got to offer.
So finally Gods, add more travelling to my catalog, than relocating. Relocating is fine – keep it coming, but more travelling pls :).
Oh!!! I forgot to mention this …… I miss painting 😦 I am yet to buy an easel which I’ll have to postpone to next month if I don’t get my relocation allowance soon.
Good Nite for today
Exploring writing and the creative randomness of life. Snapshots of moments.
Essays on travel, identity, literature, and philosophy.
from inkdrop - pulling out a scribble a day
Art,craft and painting
Welcome to home made, vegeterian, healthy & kids friendly recipes
Wondering and random thoughts from my daily meditations and from life.
wordsmith | art maker | human being
Just some examples of how NOT to stage your home photos
Acrylic Painting and Drawings
beauty is everywhere
Poetry and pictures with a sharp crow sensibility by Mark Tulin
the stories behind the pictures, and vice versa
All for Paris!
Busy Women on Life's Journey
Writing is all about finding the courage to write. And courage is all about realizing that some things are more important than fear.
Opening up to new possibilities
Just another mom trying to creatively pass the time without losing her mind.
"My Backyard Visitors" - All about birds - The world is my backyard!
There's too much beauty to quit.
One man’s quest through the canyons in his mind to find buried treasure
Walk ........ as if your feet kiss the earth.
💙Dreams are my Wings💜
Just another WordPress.com site
the painting, photography, and eclectic musing of Michael J. Safran
Painting, Writing, Drawing, and more!
What do you call a mischievous egg? A practical yolker.
... about nothing in particular, because "Candid photography is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get". Photography by Lignum Draco, "The Wood Dragon" since 2013.
Travel fun! Inspiring big adventures by Phoebe Lee & Matt Turk
A daily selection of the best content published on WordPress, collected for you by humans who love to read.
Unique perspectives on movie marketing, film reviews and much more.